Top 10 Best Wireless, Over-Ear Headphones For Working Out
Wireless, over-ear headphones are the perfect way to listen to your favorite tracks whilst working up a sweat, and can be used during a wide range of activities.
Eliminating any need for wires, bluetooth technology allows wireless headphones to effortlessly pair with your music devices for a clear and immersive audio experience that allow you to focus entirely on your workout.
But with so many models available to choose from, how can you decide which are the best wireless, over-ear headphones for working out?
Which is Better For Working Out; Wired, or Wireless Headphones?
Although wired headphones are a reliable way of listening to tunes on your music device during a workout, there’s no doubt that those wires can cause problems when exercising.
Motion caused by running or jogging can cause those wires to fly all over the place, tangling around your arms and legs, whilst gym equipment can snag the wires, tearing your headphones away from your ears mid workout.
Wireless headphones rely on bluetooth technology to pair and sync with your music devices, allowing you a greater degree of freedom when exercising. This can eliminate the distraction caused by errant wires, allowing you to get more deeply in the zone and maximize your workout performance.
On-Ear vs Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones
On-ear headphones have smaller ear cups than over-ear headphones, resulting in a more compact design. Although smaller and less obtrusive, these are typically quite poor for sound exclusion.
Over-ear headphones have larger ear cups, and are designed to completely cover and enclose the ears. This greatly reduces noise interference from external sources compared to on-ear models, making them a preferable option for those wanting to listen to their music outdoor, or in public areas, such as the gym.
The added comfort of over-ear headphones also makes them a popular choice for fitness fanatics, as they can be worn securely for long periods of time, for example during workout sessions.
Top 10 Best Wireless Over-Ear Headphones For Working Out
To help you decide which model to go for, here are our top 10 best wireless, over-ear headphones for working out, to help you maximize your fitness performance.
1. FLUX Ultra Comfort Headphones
The FLUX Ultra Comfort Headphones come equipped with powerful 50mm neodymium acoustic drivers, delivering crisp and clear audio on all your favorite tunes.
The earcups of these headphones create a comfortable but secure seal around your ears, preventing any external noises from interfering with your audio experience.
These headphones are ergonomically designed with padded, faux-leather covered ear pads that rest comfortably on the head and ears, and their wireless capabilities make them convenient for use during a workout.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Allows for wireless performance, for an unencumbered workout experience every time.
- Auto Connect: The auto connect feature allows for instant pairing with your music device, eliminating any need to repeatedly sync the headphones with your music player.
- Sweatproof Material: The material of the ear cups is specifically selected for sports compatibility, and resists moisture during your workout.
+ Suitable For
The snug fit of the FLUX Ultra Comfort Headphones means that they fit securely and firmly, preventing them from coming loose when running, walking, or working out at the gym.
- These headphones are easy and convenient to pair with your music devices, making for great usability on the go.
- The noise cancelling technology of the FLUX Ultra Headphones deliver a crisp and immersive audio experience.
- With a battery life of only 10 hours, these headphones require more regular charging that other models on this list.
- Some users have reported that these earphones do not fit securely enough, and may fall off during exercise.
2. 66 AUDIO - BTS Pro
Featuring custom-tuned drivers and 66 SoundEngine DSP, the 66 AUDIO - BTS Pro Headphones deliver outstanding audio, with a sound that is crisp, rich, and clear.
They effortlessly sync with your music devices via bluetooth, for a wire and lag-free experience to boost your workout performance.
Lightweight and ergonomically designed, these headphones have acoustically balanced, memory foam ear cushions, providing perfect comfort during your workout.
- 3D Antenna Technology: Patented 3D Antenna Technology allows for an unparalleled 100 feet of wireless range.
- Noise Cancelling Microphone: The noise cancelling microphone delivers flawlessly clear sound when answering calls.
- Sweatproofing: The earphones of the BTS Pro are completely sweatproof, allowing them to stay firmly on your ears throughout your workout.
- Find My Headphones: The wonderfully innovative ‘Find My Headphones’ feature means you’ll never misplace your headphones again.
+ Suitable For
These headphones fit firmly and comfortably, and stay put during intense exercise. Whether you are jogging, lifting, running, skating, or cycling, the BTS Pros stay securely in place without any need for adjustment.
- The BTS Pro Headphones have an exceptional battery life that delivers up to 40 hours of listening time between charges.
- The 100 feet of wireless range made possible by 3D Antenna Technology allows you a great deal more freedom when working out, and removes any need to have you phone on your person when working out at the gym.
- Constructed from lightweight, flexible materials, the BTS Pro Headphones are made to withstand heavy use for long periods of time.
- Some users have reported that they found the material on the ear cups to be too hard to be comfortably, and have found the headphones to hurt their ears after short periods of use.
3. AUDIOJETS Wireless Sport Headphones
The 40mm neodymium drivers of the AUDIOJET Wireless Sport Headphones result in a crisp sound with a high degree of audio clarity, whilst their noise cancelling technology prevent disturbance from external noises.
This gives listeners a fully immersive, HD audio experience with which to listen to all their favorite tunes whilst working out.
The AUDIOJET’s adjustable headband means that these headphones can be sized perfectly to fit your head, guaranteeing a secure and comfortable fit.
- Water Resistant: The AUDIOJET Wireless headphones are made from sweat proof fabric, making them easy to dry and clean following a workout.
- Button Controls: The button controls make changing tracks, adjusting volume, and answering calls during your workout convenient and hassle free.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: The bluetooth and auto connect technology of these headphones allows you to instantly pair with your music device, and removes all of the inconvenience and discomfort associated with wires.
+ Suitable For
The adjustability of the AUDIOJETS Sports Headphones allows users to modify their size for a snug, secure fit. This means that they stay firmly in place during exercise, whether you are running, taking a fitness class, or working out at the gym.
- The lightweight design of these headphones makes them comfortable to wear during long periods of exercise.
- The sleek, stylish design of the AUDIOJETS Headphones is less chunky and more aesthetically pleasing than that of other models.
- The battery life of the AUDIOJETS Headphones is only 8 hours, so they require frequent charging to guarantee their performance throughout your workout.
4. Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
With premium playback and fine-tune acoustics, these headphones deliver perfectly clear and balanced audio on all your favorite tracks. The ear cups also minimize interference from outside noises, for a fully immersive listening experience.
The Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones are specifically designed for optimal comfort, with adjustable, padded ear cups for a snug and easy fit, and an ergonomically designed headband that fits naturally and unobtrusively on your head.
- Multifunction, on-ear controls: These allow you to change tracks and adjust the volume of your music with ease and convenience when exercising.
- Fast Fuel Charging: Fast Fuel Charging technology means that you can enjoy up to 3 hours of music after only five minutes of charge time, so you don’t have to stop working out when your battery runs low.
- Bluetooth Technology: This not only removes pesky wires from your workout, but also allows you to take calls on the go with the help of the RemoteTalk cable.
+ Suitable For
The close and comfortable fit of these headphones, made possible by the adjustable sizing of the ear cups, means that they stay securely in place when running, jogging, cycling, or working out at the gym.
- The Beats Solo3 Headphones are available in a wide range of colors, so buyers can easily choose a pair that suits their individual style.
- These headphones have an excellent battery life, with up to 40 hours of listening time in each charge.
- Some consumers have found the unique design of these headphones to be unsuitable for them, causing ear and jaw pain after prolonged use.
5. Monster iSport Freedom Wireless Headphones
The noise cancelling design of these headphones ear cups allows listeners to lose themselves in the crisp, balanced audio of their favorite tunes, for total focus during a workout.
The superior design of the Monster iSport Headphones is optimized for comfort, with full adjustability for a snug and lightweight fit around the head and ears.
- Water Resistance: The Monster iSport Headphones are made from material that is sweat proof, antimicrobial, and easily cleanable, making them suitable and hygienic for everyday use.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth technology allows for perfect syncing with your music device and total wireless freedom when, meaning you can run, cycle, or workout without fear of tangles.
- Reflective Trim: The reflective design of the Monster iSport Headphones means you can safely exercise outdoors after dark.
- On-Ear Controls: On-ear control buttons allow for optimum usability during your workout, and allow you to control your music easily.
+ Suitable For
These headphones stay firmly in place once fitted, thanks to their adjustable sizing, and the sweatproof material effectively withstands moisture, even during a particularly intense workout.
The stability of these headphones makes them suitable for all forms of land based exercise, whether you are running, doing sit ups, or weight training.
- The fully adjustable sizing of these headphones mean that they can be made to perfectly fit anyone, ensuring that they are comfortable and stay firmly in place during exercise.
- The durable design of the Monster iSports translates to superior, long-lasting performance, with many customers reporting unaltered function even after long periods of heavy use.
- Some customers have reported that the bluetooth technology of these headphones is unreliable, and cuts out from time to time.
- May not be a suitable fit for people with smaller head sizes.
6. SOUL X-TRA Headphones
The advanced HD drivers and circuitry design of these headphones deliver a crisp, balanced audio, translating to exceptional clarity of sound when listening to music during your workout.
The SOUL X-TRA headphones are lightweight and ergonomically designed for maximum comfort, and are guaranteed to stay firmly in place, even during your most vigorous workout!
The earpads are removable and washable, and the breathable sports material is specifically designed to wick away moisture.
- Full Bluetooth capability: These headphones have flawless Bluetooth connectivity, for a convenient, wireless workout.
- LED lights: Equipped with LED lights, these headphones can keep you safe when running outside after dark.
- Up to 24 Hours of Battery Life
+ Suitable For
The detachable, washable material of the ear pads and ergonomic design of these headphones make them perfect for fitness fanatics.
These headphones are guaranteed to stay in place even during the most vigorous workout, and are water resistant and easy to keep clean, making them ideal for runners, sports fanatics, and gym bunnies alike.
- The lightweight design of the SOUL X-TRA makes for total comfort, even when running or working out for long periods of time.
- The detachable earphones are easy to dry off and wash, perfect for people who regularly exercise to music.
- Some users have found that the headphones begin to slide off when they are in a lying position, so they may be unsuitable for use with some gym activities.
7. Jabra Move Wireless Stereo Headset
Equipped with 40mm dynamic drivers, the Jabra Move Wireless Stereo Headset offer great sound quality, and whilst they are not noise cancelling, are designed to reduce disturbance from outside noises.
The adjustable sizing and lightweight design of these headphones allows you to find a snug, comfortable fit that suits your head type, so they stay firmly and unobtrusively in place during your workout session.
- Dirt Resistant Fabric: The material of the headband and ear cups is specifically designed to resist dirt, making them ideal for repeated wear, even for those who exercise daily.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth technology allows these headphones to quickly and easily pair and sync with your devices, for a conveniently wireless workout.
- Built-in Microphone: The built-in microphone allows you to manage and answer phone calls during your workout, allowing you full connectivity even when at the gym.
+ Suitable For
Whilst these headphones can be adjusted to fit snuggly enough for most forms of exercise, they may not be suitable for the most vigorous of workouts (e.g sprinting). Therefore, they are best used for jogging, running, and moderate forms of gym-based workouts.
- The Jabra Move Headset has a more compact, less chunky design than most other models, making them less conspicuous and more lightweight.
- The simple-to-use ear button controls make for great usability, allowing users to easily and conveniently change tracks and volume during their workout.
- Some users have reported that these headphones do not fold up well, which may be an issue for customers used to storing their headphones in their pocket.
- These headphones do not have noise cancelling technology, and while their design produces a certain degree of noise isolation, some customers have found this to be insufficient.
8. Skullcandy Crusher Headphones
With two full range 40 mm audio drivers, and two additional subwoofer drivers, the Skullcandy Crusher Headphones deliver an unbeatable audio experience, with base levels you can adjust to perfectly suit your style.
Their memory foam ear cups and noise isolating seal ensure a crisp, clear sound, for total audio immersion during your workout.
Those memory foam ear cups cradle your ears perfectly, adapting to the natural shape of your head and ears for maximum comfort.
This prevents them from slipping around when you are exercising, eliminating the need for adjustments and allowing you to focus 100% on your workout.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Allows for total wireless freedom when you’re on the go, and the built in microphone and ear buttons allow you to answer and end calls whilst working out.
- Ear Buttons: Make it possible to change tracks and adjust your music volume hands free.
- Impressive Battery Life: translates to up to 40 hours of functionality.
+ Suitable For
These headphones are ideal for wear whilst out running, as their memory foam ear pads allow for a comfortable, no-slip fit.
The fact that you can change track and alter the volume of your music without removing the headphones means that they needn’t be removed at all during your workout, and their wireless capabilities allow for total freedom of movement.
- The long battery life of these headphones guarantees usability throughout your workout, no matter how long your session.
- Memory phone cups and a soft headband cover make these earphones comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
- Some users reported that the haptic bass feature of these headphones was too much, even for bass fans.
- Although comfortable, the memory foam cups trap heat after a while, which may be uncomfortable for users out on a long run.
9. BlueAnt Pump Wireless Headphones
The BlueAnt Pump Wireless Headphones deliver exceptional HD audio playback, including mega bass for outstandingly clean and clear sound on all your favorite tracks.
These headphones are exceptionally comfortable, with an easy grip, soft touch finish that makes them wearable for hours.
The soft, supple fabric on the headband and ear cups is sweatproof and wipe clean, keeping you safe and comfortable as you exercise.
- Auto Sleep: Auto sleep causes your headphones to automatically power off when not connected to your phone, helping you to conserve battery power between workouts.
- Bluetooth: Complete Bluetooth connectivity allows you to instantly and wirelessly connect to your music device, and also enables you to receive and make calls on the go.
- Water Resistant: The carefully selected waterproof fabric of the BlueAnt Headphones is completely sweatproof, and can withstand even your toughest, most grueling workout.
+ Suitable For
With their impressive sweat proofing, the BluAnt Headphones are made for use during vigorous exercise, and can be used during a wide range of activities.
The secure fit of these headphones mean they can be worn when running, sprinting, cycling, or working out at the gym.
- The BlueAnt Pump Wireless Headphones have an impressive battery life, delivering up to 30 hours of listening time per charge.
- The one touch controls are easy and convenient to use, for total
- The design of these headphones may not be suitable for those with smaller head sizes.
- Some customers found that their ears became too hot when exercising wearing these headphones.
10. Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear
With a closed back design, CSR chip, and 40mm driver, the Mpow 059 Headphones offer an exceptional Hi-fidelity sound quality, for audio with outstanding clarity.
However, although the design of the ear cups in noise isolating, it is NOT noise cancelling, and so may be unsuitable for people who habitually work out in noisy areas.
The softly padded headband and skin-simulating memory-protein material of the ear cups delivers exquisite comfort to wearers.
The fit of these headphones is fully adjustable with the help of a stainless steel slider, allowing you to size them perfectly to fit around your head and ears.
- Bluetooth Technology: This allows for quick and easy wireless connectivity with your music devices, and the built-in microphone enables you to easily and conveniently field and answer calls whilst working out.
- Dual Mode; Wireless and Wired: These headphones can be used both with wires and without, perfect for when you forget to charge before heading out to the gym.
+ Suitable For
Although fully adjustable for a comfortable fit, and with a durable design, these headphones may not be suitable for extended periods of use.
However, they do fit snugly and are unlikely to come loose during activity, so may be used for short bouts of vigorous exercise at the gym, or during a run.
- Although lacking in noise cancelling technology, the design of these headphones nonetheless effectively blocks most external noises for an immersive listening experience.
- At only $35, the Mpow 059 Headphones are the most inexpensive on this list and, given the exceptional sound quality, arguably one of the best value for money.
- May not be suitable for long periods of use, as they can begin to heat up, or even cause pain to the ears, after a couple of hours of use.
- Some users have found the built-in microphone to be of insufficient quality for answering calls, and complain that they cannot be clearly heard when doing so.
So, which are the best wireless, over - ear headphones for working out?
For the best in sound quality, usability, and comfort, fitness fanatics should look no further than the 66 AUDIO - BTS Pro Headphones. Stylishly and innovatively designed, these headphones are comfortable and unobtrusive to wear whilst working out.
Their sweat resistant fabric and firm fit keep them securely in place, even during rigorous exercise, and their impressive battery life and wireless range allows for total convenience and freedom when running, or at the gym.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Who am I ?
I'm Sam Rondot, the person behind the blog Running Addicted. I'm a French entrepreneur and I'm passionated about running. I started running since 12 years old and have covered 16 marathons (at the point of writing).I enjoy running and the exhausted feeling I have after a long run. I always follow one rule: I try to do my best and run until I can’t. This makes me feel that I can do anything. I know you have that feeling, too. Running has taught me that I am capable of so much more than I have ever imagined.Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!