5 Best Running Shoes For Flat Feet in 2017 – Reviews & Buying Guide
The Best Running Shoes for Flat Feet 2017
Are you a passionate runner looking for the best running shoes for flat feet of 2017?
Many people experience discomfort due to their flat feet. About 90 percent of runners discover that they have flat feet when they start suffering from fatigue and pain while jogging and working out.
What Are the Best Running Shoes for Flat Feet 2017?
So here we are: you're serious and determined about running and you're on your way to buy footwear.
First and foremost, you need to consider your foot type. Another good reason to be more cautious if you have flat feet is the difficulty in upholding your body mass.
If the arches of the feet are low or missing, then it becomes difficult to support the weight of your body.
Thus, if you choose the wrong running shoes, you may experience pains or severe injuries while running or walking.
For this reason, it becomes quite clear that you need to invest in a pair of high-quality, ultra comfortable running shoes in order to avoid any potential injuries.
We have test driven several running shoes and narrowed it down to the five most suitable for runners with flat feet:
1. Nike Lunarglide 7 Running Shoe
Running in the Nike Lunar Glide 7 is comparable to falling in love at first stride.
The Lunar Glide 7 water-repellent running shoe has a unique and modern design, as the entire contact area under the front is covered with carbon rubber. This running shoe is designed for an ultra-smooth ride that racks up the miles.
Yet, this is the trainer which should not be judged right from the first trial, as the first embrace usually feels a bit awkward.
The Lunar Glide 7 is completely amazing, particularly for runners with flat feet as it provides an incredible amount of support and cushioning crucial to overcoming discomfort.
It is a top choice among running shoes, with several desirable features.
Features and Benefits
- This running shoe offers a low sitting soft heel clip, which has a sizing function at the same time. The foot is kept slightly backwards over the shoe, making it suitable for runners with flat feet.
- Moreover, the shoe is equipped with new engineered mesh combined with Flyknit upper and Flywire cords for a secure and comfortable personalized fit.
The Flyknit upper is made from a woven fabric-like cover that does not have any overlays, making a seamless fit more possible and enjoyable.
- This lightweight trainer guarantees superior cushioning due to the thick, plush layer of the two-piece and dual density Lunarlon foam midsole.
- The outsole is also updated with pressure-mapped rubber, giving the shoe dependable grip and traction when the foot hits the ground.
- The Lunar Glide 7 has a unique and sturdy design that comes in various colors, catering to all types of customers, even the pickiest ones. It may be worn as a daily shoe or as a weekend racer.
- Many users consider the Lunar Glide 7 to be one of the most responsive and comfortable running shoes, with its superior cushioning and ventilation thanks to the AIR mesh upper.
- The weight of the men’s version is 257 grams, while the women’s version is about 220 grams. With such lightweight trainers on you will feel like you're flying.
One of the latest members of the Nike Lunar family, the Lunar Glide 7 is there if you're looking for extra stability and comfort for your flat feet.
Are you looking for a running shoe that can provide stability, comfort, and responsive cushioning? Do you want your running shoes to draw attention and excited remarks as well? Then the Nike Lunar Glide 7 is the shoe for you.
The Nike Lunar Glide 7 is incomparable to its predecessors. It has been reengineered to best serve both passionate amateurs and professional athletes.
Running in the Lunar Glide 7 will make you forget about what's on your feet and focus on the running itself. Get this racer with the best possible price now and enjoy the power and commitment of the Nike Lunar Glide 7!
- Good balance of stability and great deal of cushioning
- Dynamic support platform
- Pressure-mapped outsole
- One of the greatest shoes from the Nike collection for overpronators
- More breathable than typical running shoes
- Great gait support
- Various sizes for both male and female versions
- Narrow fit, particularly in the forefoot area
- A bit expensive as the price ranges from about $84 to $204
- Less performing grip on wet surfaces
- The same snug fit, which may be annoying for some users
2. ASICS GT-2000 3 Running Shoe
The ASICS GT-2000 3 is one of those shoes that you have to see in person. Even high-quality pictures do not do it justice and cannot totally convey the beauty and comfort that can be found in this shoe.
Because ASICS rolls out design improvements incrementally, you won't completely get the benefits of the GT-2000 3 until you wear it and run in it. But once you put it on, you will feel the warm and homey ASICS fit.
The shoe has undergone evolutionary brushstrokes and has been retooled with new technologies to soften the road and create a luxurious running experience.
The GT-2000 3 has even become a competitor to the ASICS Kayano, offering the same hyper-cushy feel for $30 less.
The ASICS GT-2000 3 is suitable for all types of runners, especially flat-footed users.
Features and Benefits
- ASICS made improvements to the mesh and general overlay position of the GT-2000 2 in the GT-2000 3. The overlay has been reduced to a single layer of synthetic nubuck fused over mesh, which lessens the top down pressure on the small toe. It also keeps the shoe well-ventilated and dry.
- A synthetic leather toe bumper extends over the toe box and the tongue has been shortened.
- The GT-2000 3 is equipped with ASICS High Abrasion Resistant Rubber, a very resilient and durable carbon rubber unit placed on the outsole for long-term durability.
- The shoe also comes with a Heel Clutching System, giving it a secure fit that feels as if it were designed just for you. The Heel Clutching System is made from resin and inserted into the heel of the shoe. It fits the width and shape of various heels, keeping the rear section of the feet in place.
- The shoe has an inserted Gel Cushioning System, which attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, as well as dissipates it during heel strikes. Gel Cushioning allows movement in various planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle, especially in the heel and forefoot areas.
- The GT-2000 3 comes with an external heel counter, which restores balance and adds a great deal of stability. It also slightly moves the foot position backwards, opening more room in the toebox.
- The GT-2000 3 is offered in four widths (B, D, 2E, and 4E) in some countries.
ASICS has thoroughly reconstructed its GT series with the current GT-2000 3 model, which boasts the best cushioning and an ultra modern design.
The GT-2000 3 is ideal for people with flat feet due to various systems incorporated into the shoe, such as the AHAR rubber outsole, Impact Guidance System, and Heel Clutching System. The GT-2000 3 will definitely excite all runners due to its most advanced, comfortable, and supportive structure.
- Similar to Kayano running shoes, but for less money
- Perfect for mild to moderate pronators
- Semi-flat style laces
- Runs sweet and smooth
- Triple density midsole with higher midsole walls
- Dynamic Duomax provides support for pronating feet
- Heavy dose of cushioning
- Luxurious design
- More expensive than similar shoes
- Relatively heavier than the previous model
- New mesh design looks cheaper than the previous model's
- The shortened tongue frequently slides
3. New Balance M940V2 Running Shoe
You will definitely fall in love with the simple yet beautiful design of this running shoe.
The New Balance 940v2 is perfect for flat feet. New Balance has always strived to offer the best shoes in the market. If you have ever put off running because of the pain in your feet, then this shoe is for you.
Added comfort and room can be found in the New Balance 940v2.
Available in male and female styles, the shoe comes in two color combinations: white/silver/kinetic blue and steel/velocity red. Either design will certainly draw attention to your feet.
Not too long ago, comfortable running shoes were large and clunky. Fortunately, runners nowadays have lightweight and stylish options like the 940v2.
Equipped with premium cushioning and advanced comfort for the miles ahead, this shoe was made to challenge your running and not your feet.
Many satisfied users praise the overwhelming stability of the 940v2 and consider it to be a perfect match for people with flat feet.
With the right type of shoe, people with flat feet can run long distances without worrying about injury. The New Balance 940v2 provides that peace of mind.
Features and Benefits
- The 940v2 is put together in US factories and proudly bears the label, "Assembled in the USA."
- It is equipped with low-to-the-ground, responsive, and durable N2 cushioning technology in the heel area for better comfort and shock absorption.
- No one wants stinky feet at the end of the day, right? New Balance magnificently takes care of this issue by providing a great degree of breathability in the 940v2. The shoe contains Ortholite foam inserts to fight off odors and offer antimicrobial protection.
- The Ortholite foam also gives flat feet runners the option to wear the shoes barefoot without socks.
- The shoe's T-beam shank enhances overpronation control measures. T-beam is a lightweight, flexible TPU shank designed to offer optimum torsional stability and arch support through a unique center beam design. Newbies in running will highly benefit from such support and protection.
- The Stabilicore support system provides a smooth transition from heel strike to toe-off. This medial support system is made from an injection molded engineered thermoplastic that offers a great deal of precision and consistency.
- A synthetic upper plus a mesh and blown rubber sole deliver flexibility. In addition, the midfoot stabilizing device gives a pleasantly springy toe-off.
- The New Balance 940v2 is approved and covered by Medicare (code A5500), making it eligible for Medicare reimbursement.
The New Balance 940v2 has a lot of great technical features, and its trendy design makes running look luxurious. The 940v2 is one of the best options for high-mileage stability.
- Trendy look
- Very light
- 12 mm drop
- Flexible and stable
- Shape suits most feet
- The top choice of flat flat-footed runners
- The stabilizer under the arch tends to hold the arch, preventing the foot from rolling
- A bit expensive
- Design might not appeal to picky customers
4. Mizuno Wave Inspire 12 Running Shoe
Mizuno has been in the world of sports since the year 1906. The company has had its indispensable contribution to the advancement of sporting goods and the promotion of sports through cutting edge products for over 100 years.
The Mizuno Wave Inspire 12 is yet another amazing and ultra comfortable solution put forward by the company.
This guidance running shoe with a perfect blend of smooth ride and support is simply ideal for flat feet runners.
Moreover, it is one of the few running shoes that has been tested against ambient temperatures of 18°C (64°F) and successfully passed.
This shoe has received several positive reviews from users, who praise it for providing the exact amount of support while remaining light.
With the Wave Inspire 12, you can go the extra mile and stay at the top, regardless of external conditions.
Features and Benefits
- Mizuno footwear is well-known for one particular feature; the heart of the company's running shoes is the wave plate.
Specifically, it is a plastic plate that works as a suspension system. This, in turn, offers shock dispersion, torque resistance, and additional structure.
- The simple running shoe rule states that the more minimal the shoe, the more the foot, ankle, and lower leg actively supports and stabilizes your body in motion. Thus, this lightweight shoe will appeal to many runners, as it weighs only 287 grams.
- The stability of this shoe is ensured through the holes on the lateral heel, with the medial side reinforced in a nice wavy design. This provides extra rigidity under the heel and rear of the arch.
- The heel counter is firm and the tongue is remarkably padded despite being on the short side.
- This shoe features an innovatively constructed outsole called Dynamotion, which uses specifically designed flex grooves to improve stability and court agility.
The Dynamotion layer comes in the form of synthetic leather fingers connecting the midsole base and lacing. It really does make your run feel more snug.
- The upper of the Mizuno Wave Inspire 12 is sleek and form-fitting, keeping the foot locked in the midsole. The fit of the shoe gives room for runners to relax the laces a bit.
- The dedicated platform provides a light, quick, and stable ride.
- Tip for buyers: because the fit is spacious, i.e., there is space in front of the toes and at the sides, consider buying half a size down.
- The price is one of the main benefits of the Mizuno Wave Inspire 12. It is available starting at $64.
- Not only is the Wave Inspire 12 comfortable and appropriate for flat feet, it also comes in unique 3D upper designs and various color schemes.
This one-of-a-kind running shoe encompasses all the features that enhance athlete performance and are purely unique to Mizuno.
The Mizuno Wave Inspire 12 differs from previous models with its high level of stability, Dynamotion fit, comfort-enhanced sock liner, and softer midsole foam. With all this, the shoe provides comfort and a swift run.
- Drastically improved upper fit
- Wide tongue top prevents sideways slide
- Light on the feet
- Rear foot stability
- Typically good for runners with a low to regular arch
- Well-guided stride
- Extra rubber under the ball of the foot
- Ride is a bit clunky
- Not so smooth, beefier lateral heel
- Curved last dumps the forefoot into further pronation
- Inner seam irritates when wearing thin socks or barefoot
- Reduced reflectivity
5. Saucony Omni 14 Running Shoe
Saucony is among the most respected names in the running world. The company offers a wide range of running and walking shoes that all provide the feel, fit, and performance that Saucony is known for.
Saucony's goal when creating the Omni 14 was to maximize performance during any physical activity, allowing the user to focus on the activity at hand and not the equipment.
Released in December 2015, the Saucony Omni 14 was not only designed to comfort flat feet runners, but also to meet the needs of overpronators. This lightweight shoe is available in both men's and women's styles. The women's shoe weighs only 264 grams, while the men's weighs 318 grams.
Additionally, this shoe maintains the integrity typical of Saucony footwear. Runners will certainly benefit from the various innovative features provided by the Omni 14.
Features and Benefits
- The Saucony Omni 14 provides a stable, well-cushioned, and wide platform without being heavy or stiff.
As mentioned earlier, the men's shoe is 318 grams, while the women's is 264 grams. This lightweight design makes it ideal for runners who don’t want to be dragged down by a heavy shoe.
- The shoe comes in two color combinations: silver/blue and navy/red. Both styles can be worn with regular clothes even when not running.
- The sole of the shoe is covered in soft foam with a high layer of tread, which allows the feet to bounce quickly.
- The shoe's SAUC system grasps the heel and keeps the foot locked in the shoe, providing a high degree of comfort while walking and running.
- Overpronators will be happy to know that the Omni 14 comes with a lot of the sturdy traditional stitched-on overlays. Compared to the Omni 13, the overlays in the Omni 14 have been reduced to provide more space and comfort in the forefoot area.
- The shoe is also equipped with a PWRGRID+ midsole, moisture-wicking RUNDRY lining, and Sauc-Fit for medial support.
- A support frame at the back cups your heel and keeps it in place, guaranteeing a comfortable and pleasant run.
- Less rounded and extended crash pads on the lateral side of the heels consist of three separations instead of two. This design provides a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
- Large rubber compartments maintain the amount of deep flex grooves in the outsole.
The Saucony Omni 14 is a breath of fresh air to the stability shoe game. It sits high up on the podium of moderate stability shoes.
It can be worn as a daily running shoe due to its reliable components, luxurious and high-quality design, and efficient performance.
What makes this shoe great is the high amount of support and high degree of flexibility it offers.
The ride in the Omni 14 is smooth and reminiscent of a motion control shoe. You would definitely want to ease into this running shoe, which has been praised for both its comfortable fit and ride.
- Ample cushioning and support
- Very flexible
- Mesh allows the shoe to breathe
- Dries relatively fast
- Enough room in the toe box
- Sauc-Fit offers a secure fit around the arch and heel
- Dual density midsole
- Tighter toe box than previous version
- Better worn with socks as the upper is not very comfortable to the skin
- Stiffer than previous models
- Not for fast running
Running Shoes For Flat Feet Buyer's Guide
Many activities often lead to extreme tiredness, uneasiness, and soreness for people with flat feet. The right choice of footwear is very important, as this is what prevents pain in the feet and allows for enjoyable running.
Nowadays, running shoe manufacturers understand that each runner is unique and should not be forced to wear uncomfortable shoes. With so many options, runners are able to choose the best running shoes designed specifically for their feet.
Shoe manufacturers have taken notice of flat-footed runners and have come up with highly comfortable and supportive footwear for flat feet to get you through all your activities.
Our mission is to assist you in choosing the best running shoes for flat feet so that you won't get left behind.
How Flat Feet Can Drive You Crazy
So what are flat feet and how bad are they?
best running shoes for narrow flat feet
Flat feet, often called fallen arch, refers to feet with collapsed or flat inward arches; hence, the entire sole of the foot makes contact with the floor as you walk or run.
In other words, they are flatter on the undersurface than normal, because the insteps are dropped.
Having flat feet is not fatal; however not caring for them may lead to pains and tiredness in the feet.
Furthermore, if you are not careful with your choice of footwear, you may end up having difficulty walking or feeling uncomfortable in all types of shoes.
It is a common misconception that flat feet and running cannot go hand in hand. Having collapsed inward arches may cause pain and injuries while running.
Such pain is understandably upseting; however, there is a solution. Proper footwear designed especially for flat feet will address this issue and provide you with a smooth and comfortable ride.
Check Your Feet Again to Ensure That You Don’t Buy the Wrong Shoes!
Whether you're serious about running or simply looking for quality athletic footwear, you should first properly identify whether you have flat feet or not.
This is important because wearing the wrong type of shoes can cause long-term pain in your feet and sometimes even serious injuries.
You do not need to visit a physician to test yourself for flat feet. Here is a basic test that you can perform to determine what type of foot arch you have:
- Soak your feet in water or paint.
- Stand on a flat surface, preferably on a concrete walkway, where your footprints are visible.
- Check if your entire footprint appears on the surface.
- Also, see if your footprint curves inward, making the middle of the foot look thin.
If your foot is fully visible without any inward curves, then you have flat feet. If you are still unsure about the type of foot arch you have, you may see a foot doctor to be on the safe side.
How to Choose the Best Running Shoes for Flat Feet 2017
How do you choose the best pair of shoes for your flat feet? What are the factors that you should consider while looking for better footwear?
Here are a few guidelines to assist you in making this tough decision:
- When you run, you normally strike the ground first with your toes, followed by the arch, which rolls over and then flattens. The foot keeps generating this spring-like tension required to put the next step forward.
- As running places almost twice of your body weight on your feet, a narrow arch or flat foot can put a significant amount of stress on the tendons around the ankle as well as the muscles in the forefoot area.
Shoe companies have worked hard to create solutions for flat-footed runners over the past 15 years.
Here are four features that running shoes designed for flat feet must have:
- Resistance helps maintain a natural, well-formed arch and neutral gait. Shoes that have decent cushioning and sufficient padding make running comfortable while staying light.
- Backing helps runners hold for longer. With greater cushioning, the body weight is distributed based on the user’s foot size and construction.
- Motion control deals with extreme pronation, helping to open the legs inwards instead of outwards. Running shoes with stiffer heels or a straighter design counters overpronation.
- The midfoot region of the shoe must have dual density foam to create an artificial arch, which naturally distributes the body weight to the feet.
Of course, running shoes for flat feet can be worn even when not running or exercising; they will surely help prevent any strains on the feet.
There is no cure for flat feet as it is not a disease. However, don't let your condition stop you from running! The most effective way to avoid pain is wearing shoes that have extra support in the middle portion of the insoles.
All you need is the right pair of shoes. Just pick any of the recommended options above and you won't regret it.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Who am I ?
I'm Sam Rondot, the person behind the blog Running Addicted. I'm a French entrepreneur and I'm passionated about running. I started running since 12 years old and have covered 16 marathons (at the point of writing).I enjoy running and the exhausted feeling I have after a long run. I always follow one rule: I try to do my best and run until I can’t. This makes me feel that I can do anything. I know you have that feeling, too. Running has taught me that I am capable of so much more than I have ever imagined.Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!